2019 Toyota Corolla MPG
If you’ve been searching for the perfect compact car, there’s a good chance that you’ve asked yourself the question, “What is the MPG of a Toyota Corolla?” This small commuter vehicle has earned a great reputation for efficiency, and with the new 2019 Toyota Corolla LE Eco trim, you’ll get up to 30 mpg city and 40 mpg highway* on the streets near Clinton and East Haddam.
Toyota Corolla Fuel Economy
Each of the available 2019 Toyota Corolla configurations can help you save money everywhere you go, but your precise efficiency estimates will vary depending on which trim you select:
- 2019 Toyota Corolla L: 28 mpg city / 36 mpg highway / 32 mpg combined*
- 2019 Toyota Corolla LE: 28 mpg city / 36 mpg highway / 32 mpg combined*
- 2019 Toyota Corolla LE Eco: 30 mpg city / 40 mpg highway / 34 mpg combined*
- 2019 Toyota Corolla XLE: 28 mpg city / 36 mpg highway / 32 mpg combined*
- 2019 Toyota Corolla SE with CVT: 28 mpg city / 35 mpg highway / 31 mpg combined*
- 2019 Toyota Corolla SE with Manual Transmission: 27 mpg city / 35 mpg highway / 30 mpg combined*
- 2019 Toyota Corolla XSE: 28 mpg city / 35 mpg highway / 31 mpg combined*
These mpg ratings apply to the Corolla Sedan. Drivers who opt for the Corolla Hatchback will have access to different trim levels, but these offer comparable fuel economy in all cases.
Most Efficient Choice: Toyota Corolla LE Eco
Drivers in the Old Saybrook area love the 2019 Toyota Corolla LE Eco for its distinct balance of power and fuel efficiency. Its 1.8L 4-cylinder engine uses Valvematic technology to produce up to 140 hp and 126 lb-ft of torque while offering 30 mpg city and 40 mpg highway. It even offers an ECO driving mode that can help you conserve on your daily drives. All in all, its a more efficient option than top competitors like the Honda Civic.
Corolla Efficiency Features
The smartly-designed Toyota Corolla engine isn’t the only feature that sets the 2019 model apart. Here are a few of the other efficiency-boosting components in this model:
- Continuously Variable Transmission – The CVT continually adjusts its gear ratios in order to maximize efficiency at all times.
- Exterior Design – Thanks to hours upon hours of wind-tunnel testing, the new Corolla drives with minimal drag.
- Variable Valve Timing – Most engines offer static valve timing that prioritizes either power or efficiency. The Corolla engine with Variable Valve Timing helps to ensure a better balance when you’re moving.
If you really want to see the Corolla at its best, be sure to choose a model with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, a Toyota Safety Sense™ feature. By matching your speed to the vehicle in front of you, DRCC allows you to brake less and drive more efficiently.
Find an Efficient New Corolla at Westbrook Toyota
Want to learn more about how the Corolla will change for 2020? Compare the newest model to the 2019 Toyota Camry.
Learn More at Westbrook Toyota
How much can a Toyota RAV4 tow to your favorite RV parks and campgrounds? A perennial favorite among Old Saybrook drivers, the RAV4 can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for a fuel-efficient 2-row crossover with enough power to tow your pop-up camper or motorized boat out…
When it’s time to upgrade your Old Saybrook commute with a new Toyota SUV, you may be wondering about the 2020 Toyota Highlander trim levels and starting prices. The new Highlander comes equipped with high-tech features, a roomy interior, and optimal performance. Learn more about the Toyota Highlander configurations, price points, and standard features by configuration…
The new Toyota 4Runner is a top SUV for many Old Saybrook drivers looking for a head-turning vehicle that can handle off-roading and daily school drop-offs with ease. With multiple 2020 Toyota 4Runner trim levels available, you won’t have any trouble finding which of the 4Runner configurations best suits your driving needs and budget. Explore the…