2020 Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity
How much can a Toyota RAV4 tow to your favorite RV parks and campgrounds? A perennial favorite among Old Saybrook drivers, the RAV4 can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for a fuel-efficient 2-row crossover with enough power to tow your pop-up camper or motorized boat out for a weekend getaway. Join Westbrook Toyota for a closer look at the 2020 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, performance features, and more!
Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity: Gas vs.Hybrid
A muscular base engine means that for the Toyota RAV4, towing capacity is serious business no matter which trim you choose. All non-hybrid models also benefit from the smooth shifts of a standard 8-speed automatic transmission. How much can a Toyota RAV4 tow with the hybrid engine? The standard RAV4 Hybrid engine is paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission.
- 2.5L Dynamic Force 4-Cylinder Gasoline Engine — The 203-hp standard engine delivers 184 pound-feet of torque. Tow up to 1,500 pounds at the base trim and as much as 3,500 pounds at higher trim levels.
- 2.5L 4-Cylinder Hybrid Engine — Paired with two electric motors and an 8-speed automatic transmission, the hybrid engine generates a combined 219 net system horsepower and can tow up to 1,700 pounds.
Learn more about the specific Toyota RAV4 AWD features with Westbrook Toyota to see how you can get more out of every drive.
Toyota RAV4 Performance Features
In addition to the gasoline and hybrid engines, a variety of performance-boosting features are responsible for the impressive Toyota RAV4 towing capacity. Just for a start, you can count on the following features for steady strength as you haul supplies through Madison:
- Active Cornering Assist
- Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes
- 8.4 to 8.5 inches of ground clearance
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Mud and Sand, Rock and Dirt, and Snow modes on higher trims
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
- Available all-wheel drive and dynamic torque vectoring all-wheel drive (TV-AWD)
There are even more ways to maximize the capabilities of your RAV4! Browse genuine Toyota accessories at Westbrook Toyota and add custom features like tow mirrors and a tow hitch, available to order online from our parts center. So how much can a Toyota RAV4 tow when customized for your tasks around Clinton? Reach out to our team to start talking upgrades.
Explore Toyota RAV4 Capability with Westbrook Toyota
Whether you’re looking for a compact SUV with maximum towing power or fuel efficiency ratings at the top of its class, Clinton drivers can find what they need on our lot in Westbrook. Browse our SUV and hybrid inventories to discover which RAV4 trim levels and configurations meet your needs and then contact us to start working out a payment plan that fits your budget.
More from Westbrook Toyota
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is known for its rock-solid performance and exceptional efficiency by drivers in Old Saybrook and beyond, but just how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow? The latest model reaches up to 6,800 pounds when properly equipped, and that’s just one small part of the story. Dive deeper into the Toyota Tacoma towing…
When it comes to compact crossover SUVs on the streets of Old Saybrook, there’s a wide variety of prices. Which one is best for your budget? The 2021 Toyota RAV4 lease price and finance price starts at $26,250 MSRP*, making it an affordable option without skimping on the features you want. What is the Toyota RAV4…
View 4Runner Inventory Contact Us The 2021 Toyota 4Runner is one of the most versatile SUVs you’ll see on Old Saybrook streets. Part of that versatility is having the option of two or three rows of seating. Which Toyota 4Runner has third-row seating? If you opt for the SR5, Limited, or Nightshade Edition trims, you can…